We are looking to hire a part-time or full-time EASA Safety Manager for our AOC in Malta. The primary responsibility of the Safety Manager is to monitor activities in the field of all AOC departments (Flight Operations & CAMO), ensuring the standards required by TMCAD, EASA and the company`s Manual are being adhered to under the supervision of the Accountable Manager and the Heads of the departments.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Managing hazard registers, risk assessment and safety risk mitigation.
- Provide reports on safety performance, incidents, and monitoring KPIs.
- Monitor the implementation of actions taken to mitigate risks, as listed in the safety action plan and as applicable transfer follow-up to be addressed by the compliance monitoring manager.
- Manage safety reports and the investigation process of accidents and incidents.
- Conducting safety meetings, the formation of safety action groups and conducting safety action review boards, distributing minutes, and maintaining safety bulletin boards.
- Researching and identifying trends in Safety Information based on regulation updates.
- Establish and Maintain Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) program, Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) and Emergency Response Plan (ERP) for the AOC and ensure implementation of the ERP drills and exercises.
- Company Safety Management System Training (SMS) and recurrent safety training for all staff.
- Plan and organise initial and recurrent flight crew safety training.
- Establish, audit, monitor and maintain oversight of external regulatory compliance in accordance with audit schedules.
- Schedule internal audits and risk management processes in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate AOC-related Hazard identification.
- Conduct safety performance monitoring and measurement.
- Run the safety communication and promotion into all areas of the AOC and its contracted partners.
Must have the right to live and work in Malta.
Airlines and Aviation
An extensive knowledge of the Safety Management System (SMS), SMS Management or SMS Implementation and completed relevant SMS Training to EASA requirements. Solid Understanding of Risk Management Principles and Techniques to Support an SMS. Good quality and command of the English language CAMO experience is an advantage.
SMS Management or SMS
Risk Management Principles
Techniques to Support an SMS
Education + Experience
Knowledge of: The applicable EU AIR OPS, PART M and TM CAD safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures The need for, and content of, the relevant parts of the Operational Manuals as applicable. Have held either, an ATPL Pilots license or a Licensed Aircraft Engineer for a period of 5 years.
5 years experience as a Safety Manager - aeronautical industry
ATPL Pilots license or a Licensed Aircraft Engineer for a period of 5 years