Malta’s leading fire, safety and security Group are seeking for a Finance Executive to join their expanding team to perform a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Posting expenditure in the system and ensure creditors balances are all reconciled.
- Assist in end of month closing procedures.
- Checking thoroughly that information received is correct prior to postings.
- Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or correct transactions.
- Prepare accruals and prepayments sheets to be used monthly in preparation of accounts.
- Posting and processing of journal entries.
- Review and management of the accounts payable inbox on a daily basis, ensuring all email are dealt with in a timely manner and escalated where necessary
- Processing of manual and overseas payment onto the banking system
- Allocate supplier and customer payments accurately and in a timely manner onto the relevant account on the finance system.
- Maintains adequate filing in order, including payable files and other miscellaneous filing.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the CFO or any person designated by him.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
Security & Surveillance
The candidate should be organised and able to reach deadlines, having an ability to take an initiative and act on what’s required.
Professional behaviour with a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude.
Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
Able to work in a group and work with office colleagues.
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Education + Experience
The candidate does not need to be formally qualified in accounts however they should have:
A minimum of 1 year experience in an accounts department
A Basic understanding of how the accounts system works.