Due to growth our client is looking for an Accountant The successful applicant will be require to perform a range of accounting, bookkeeping and general clerical and support functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Finance Executives to ensure postings and statements for purchases are up to date;
- Assist and keep track of credit control section, including handling debtors chasing when needed;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts of various companies;
- Preparation of VAT returns and submission thereof;
- Improve on existing internal control procedures, including re-drafting of procedures where necessary;
- Responsible for executing the budgeting process for the Companies under the remit of the line manager;
- Assist the GCFO in maintaining full control over the cash-flow and rolling forecasts thereof;
- Preparation of ad hoc reports as requested by the GCFO;
- Liaise with auditors during audits and when the need arises;
- Handle and assist on other matters that fall within the scope of this role.
€37,000 - €42,000
Security & Surveillance
The candidate must be able to multitask and work within a team
Organised and capable of reaching deadlines.
Able to take an initiative and proactively handle situations as required.
Professional demeanour, with a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude.
Able to multi-task and in possession of strong time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise.
Able to work in a group and work as part of a team with office colleagues.
Education + Experience
Applicants should either be in the final stages of their ACCA or possess a related University degree
A solid understanding of how the accounts system works.
Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese.
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Minimum of 2 year experience in an accounts department.